Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pinipig Pag-Ibig

speedojunkie

I like this soft plug.

I've forgotten how Apo Hiking Society can wrap poetry around something that would have sounded cheesy and trite by now. I mean, in how many unique ways can you describe the experience of love, lurv, luv?




I guess that's the genius of the song. Old familiars and even those done-to-death realities are recreated and retold with the dance of spring. And you feel the bass pumping in your bones.

I think their "Pag-ibig" is at least 25 years old. That's a quarter of a century for you! And people wonder, myself included, why I like Bach and the Beatles. Well, they never get old! Ever. Bach and his music has lived on and on for almost 500, yes 500!, years now. The Beatles? Oh about 50 years, plus or minus. My nephews love "I Will" as crazy as I do.

Old songs don't really go stale. They age and ripen into vintage audio---years slowly settle by the rivers of their lines and blossom on the serifs of their metaphors. Quietly they get infused with new epiphanies from fresh experiences of new generations. Then somehow, by the magic of years, the songs begin to speak seasoned tales and resonate with richer tongues.

I think I'll have that Pinipig Crunch now (Is this still Magnolia or did Nestle buy this term as well?). How old is this product anyway?


No comments:

Post a Comment