Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Letter to a Young Soul

An edited excerpt for privacy.

Keanu needs a hug.

"I wouldn't have known about this site had it not been for my former boyfriend who, at that time, was trying to win me back. I remember sitting on the concrete bench across the university grandstand when he told me he had started an account in an online social hub for the LGBT and other letters after that. I gave it a try.

But we both decided to delete our accounts after getting back together. (And to get rid of that guy who fed me with false stories and continued to flirt with my former boyfriend.) I guess we just didn't want anything or anybody to crack our second chance.

And now I'm back here after a year; single.

Yeah, the second chance didn't work out for the two of us. He quit. But who knows? Maybe my coming back here wouldn't be that bad. After all, I'd like this to be the place, besides Tumblr, where I can talk about those letters not many people care for.

It's still worth a shot right?"

------------

Sometimes, we forget that encounters blossom also outside that grandstand.

The world can house little revolutions elsewhere. We just have to look for those elusive sparks when persons collide with humanity.

You've heard about wonderful supernovas that herald the birth of stars, no? Well, they're possible. And, they can also mean the death of an old red giant. This means the collapse of all order and sanity. In short, chaos! Blackholes. Quantum singularity.

Yes, kid, it's a risk.

And often, too, we are lost. So we each have a different adventure to tell.

Good luck then.

PS:  Don't forget your comfy shoes, of course, a map and a tireless imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment