Sunday, October 9, 2011

7 Items of Sundays & Sundaes

1.  I was supposed to meet up for pizza with the cousins. On an overcast and damp afternoon, a wood-fired oven baked pizza is a must. I was so looking forward to have a feast in Connecticut.

Umm-hmmm.

Me: 1     Dark Powers: 0    

Lesson: A promise is best kept warm and crusty.

2.  But my cousin had a basketball accident and needed to be rushed for x-rays. Plus the rain started up again, hard. So we all had to change plans and cancel for another day. Bummer!

Me: 1     Dark Powers: 1    

Lesson: For lemons, there are recipes for lemon pies, meringues and lemonades.

3.  That meant I had more time to get my mac cables and adapters. I finally found the adapter for the mini DVI port and HDMI cable after roundabout search in Virra Mall. The friendly guys from CDR King were quite helpful. They didn't have what I needed but they pointed me to the store that did. Same owners?

Me: 2     Dark Powers: 1     Lesson: The universe favors the persistent.

4.  Then I saw him. Such a dead ringer for the new Peter "Spidey" Parker. No, I didn't snap away, even undercover. No way! Thank the Gods for sanity and self-preservation.

He was enjoying the caramel sundae as a side order for his quarter pounder with cheese. Sweet as that twinky dessert!

Andrew Garfield @ andrewappreciation

Me: 3     Dark Powers: 1

5.   Incidentally, that "royale" (Pulp Fiction reference) hunk of meat carries 560 kilo calories (kCal) of all 100% beefy goodness "without additives, preservatives or flavor enhancers". The new, more modern and international McDonald's also had nutritional information leaflets. Big Mac has 510 and McChicken, 340 kCal.

Cool typography on the walls, some glass, geometric designs and graphics and the soft ambient lighting made the interiors really nice. And Peter Parker was a beatific vision.

6.  With my errands and electronic stuff in tow, I hurried for a cab just across the street. No lines!

Me: 4     Dark Powers: 1  

Lesson: I can't be this lucky?!

7.  Then on the ride home, I realized I left my umbrella in the spic and spanky McDo.

Me: 4     Dark Powers: 1+3  

Lesson: I wasn't be that lucky. Declarative statement---a dot of certainty by the hags of fates.

Happy Sunday!

Post Script on Nouveau McDo, 13th October 2011 :

Daddy Teddy Boy Locsin: Have you been to the new Mcdo lately? It's the Vatican of fastfood!

No comments:

Post a Comment